Headquarter office (Old Saybrook, CT) preferred, remote/hybrid work considered
The Contract Attorney is responsible for legal support for all business units in a commercial solar company. Job duties will include but are not limited to policy research, contractual analysis, and the drafting of various legal documents. The Old Saybrook, CT based position requires strong attention to detail and analytical skills. Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work well within a team, with an interest in renewable energy and in-house legal work.
- Provide general legal advice and guidance to company management
- Negotiate, structure, review, and draft various contracts in support of Telyon’s initiatives
- Draft and review various other legal forms or documents
- Conduct federal, state, and municipal policy/regulation research
- Assist in creating and implementing internal workplace policies and standard operating procedures
- Support other daily work of the legal department necessary to support business objectives which may include areas of compliance, legal entity formation and registration, licensing, and insurance
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited school
- License to practice law (and be in good standing) inConnecticut or of a state bar with reciprocity with Connecticut
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at a law firm or as in-house counsel
- Familiarity with reviewing, redlining, and managing commercial contracts
- Past work advising on regulatory and compliance matters
These duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work expected to be performed by this position. This is not an exhaustive list of duties. Other responsibilities can and will be assigned based on the growth and direction of the business.